Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 7, 2009

Hello, mojo?

I just haven't felt like blogging lately. Bottom line. I don't know why. Maybe I lost some undefinable 'mojo', maybe I'm just busy...I don't know. But here I am, with a little post just to share what we've been up to.

Let's see...I am now a full-time SAHM. I love it, I really, really do. But it still seems like I'm gone more than I'm home, between shopping trips, dr.'s appointments, etc. And, surprisingly enough, I don't really think my house is all that much cleaner than it was when I was working. But Z & I are getting into a routine, and enjoying being at home together every day. I'd like to do more 'tot school' learning activities with him, but I need to figure out when to make time for them in our days.

I had a birthday. Not a big one, just one. Another one. Found some (more) gray hairs - I have two patches where they're especially bad, right above each ear. You can't see them too much unless I have my hair up. We went to Cincinnati, visited the Creation Museum again (which we love), and got to spend time with Hubby's brother & parents, which is always a blessing. For my birthday, Hubby & I ate a nice Asian meal at home (a real sacrifice for him, he doesn't like Asian food very much), and he bought me ice cream & a brownie, which was delicious. For my birthday present, I used my birthday money from family, and Hubby chipped in to buy me an adorable pink mini-laptop! It's so nice to be able to tweet and check email & facebook, and look up recipes in the kitchen and living room.

Z is 21 months old now. Almost two years old. I'm so glad I have another tiny baby on the way, because wow. I don't think I could handle all this growing up if I didn't know I had another starting-over soon. Z is climbing on everything, and he loves to run and 'jump' like always. He says lots of words now, to describe what he sees, and what he's doing. He'll say, "running" and run across the room as fast as he can & back. When he hears a man or lady's voice on the radio, he says, "Man Inging" or "Lady Inging", which of course means a man or lady is singing. The other day he even said, "Man Tar" when he heard a man singing and playing a guitar (like his daddy does) on a CD. His new favorite superhero is Batman, who he calls Bat. Man. Two separate words. He says 'joker', too. And he also learned "Mickey Moush"'s name this week. It's pretty cute. And speaking of her tiny royal cuteness (really, I was at some point), she kicks like crazy. Constantly. She is just as active as her big brother ever was. And I have gotten several adorable outfits for her so far, shopping clearance & thrift/consignment stores - it is so FUN to pick out adorable girly stuff!!! :)

We've started the process of cleaning out our 'office' room, which is our only 'extra' room in our house right now. And so everything 'extra' is carefully, organizedly stored in there. Ahem. What I mean to say is that anything that doesn't belong anywhere else is stuffed in this room. And we have to empty it out so that Z has a place to sleep when the baby comes. So we've started. And we have so far to go. I know we'll get it done, in plenty of time, we still have almost 15 weeks, but at this point, it's a little overwhelming. There's just so much STUFF.

Today has been a nice day off for our family, though - we were all able to stay home & spend the day together. Z helped me wash dishes, as he's been enjoying doing lately, and I made a copycat McDonald's iced coffee recipe, which was delicious. It makes about 2 or 3 servings, too, depending how much you want to drink each time. We all napped after lunch, and then we danced & sang while Daddy played the guitar, and Z helped me put toppings on the pizza. He did a good job with the peppers & mushrooms, but somehow several of the olives mysteriously disappeared in the process. :) He LOVES olives & pickles & asks for them by name. :)

Well, if this isn't a random enough post for you, then I don't know what is. I've got a meme to put up sometime this week, too, but we've got a busy week ahead of us, so we'll see. :) If I get my 'mojo' back at some point, I may even write something worthwhile. Don't hold your breaths. :)

No comments: