Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 28, 2009

It's A.....

Well, we had our big ultrasound today! Everything went wonderfully, and our baby is gorgeous, healthy, and perfect in every way. The baby's due date is right on time, by the looks of everything, and all organs are perfectly intact and healthy.

And now, on to what you all care about....








IT'S A GIRL!!!!!



Surprised? I know I am. I can hardly believe it myself. Even the other day, when I picked up some little brown shoes in my thrift store haul, I was thinking, "Oh, these will work great for HIM." Surprise!!! :) I'm not disappointed at all; I'm SUPER excited about having a girl, it's just a different perspective, because all I've ever known is parenting a little boy.

Even as SHE sits here and kicks me right now, it's just hard to imagine her! :) I can't wait until I can meet her! And dress her up in pink dresses...and then I started thinking about HAIR - that's one thing I've not had to think about with Z - his hair is just there & I cut it every few weeks, I don't even brush it, honestly, because it does no good. But with a GIRL, I can stick HAIRBOWS to her head, or if she has hair, I can put barrettes and clippies in it....ooooohhhh...I feel the need to go shop on Etsy right now. :)

The ultrasound was done by an expert at a women's & children's hospital, and she was so good at her job. Quick & specific, and not deathly quiet like some, that freaks me out. There were two medical students observing, too, so she was explaining everything to them, and therefore we got to learn a LOT about ultrasounds, also- I loved it. As for Z, he was a VERY good boy during the ultrasound, and even let us know that he saw the "Baby! Baby!" on the monitor screen a few times. :) He will be such a big brother, I just know it. His little sister's protector! :)

And I will close with some eye candy - pictures of my daughter!!! Enjoy! :)

Her sweet profile


One of those 3D ultrasound pictures - I never had one of these with Z, but I'm glad I have one of her - so cute!!! :)

3 comments:

Janine said...

Congratulations!!! I am SO thrilled that you're getting a girl and so will experience both worlds! You're a great Mom, Carrie ..... just keep being you.
By the way, when their hair is too fine and too short to clip .... a little dab of Karo syrup works great to keep a hair bow in place. Trust me!
Love to you and both little ones!
Janine

Amy W said...

How exciting!!! As a mother of two girls, I know you will just love it! (you should see the mountain of shoes those girls have...)

Heather of the EO said...

Oh, how exciting!!! A girl! Congratulations!