Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, September 18, 2009

MIRL

This week, I FINALLY got to meet Denise from Musings from Mommy Land in real life!!! I feel like I've known her for a while, just from reading her blog, but in truth we had never met! She and her hubby & little Parker came over for an afternoon & dinner, and it was so much fun!!! Parker was such a smiley little guy - all you had to do was look his way, and he just smiled at you with this big grin - totally adorable!!!

We sat & let the boys play in the living room for a while, and they had fun - Parker more so than Zachary, I think. Although Zachary loved Parker, he wasn't really sure about sharing his toys. But he did okay, with only a few 'interventions'. (By the way, today, Denise, Zachary picked up one of the toys Parker played with a lot - that heart Pez dispenser - & said, "Parker toy." I had to tell him he could play with it!) :)

Then we strapped the boys into their strollers, and went for a tour of the camp. We let the boys play on the playground for a while. Parker enjoyed crawling around & eating rocks, and Zachary ran around & they both managed to get plenty dirty. :) Denise and I enjoyed chatting while they played, and our I think our hubbies enjoyed their 'guy talk', too.

The guys grilled us hamburgers, and hot dogs for the little ones, and the boys played on the porch while Denise & I chatted & got stuff ready inside. After we ate, the boys were having a great time banging on a cookie sheet together, just making all kinds of noise. :) Zachary loved to watch Parker play, and squealed his name lots of times during their visit.

We had a great time chatting together, and I'm so thankful that Denise & her family were willing to drive down to see us while they were on vacation! What a blessing to be able to actually get to know more of God's family!!!

Here are the only good pictures I got of Zachary pushing Parker in the baby swing (with Denise's hubby, Drew, watching):


I guess we were having so much fun that we forgot to take many pictures! It was a great time! Thanks for coming down to see us!!! :)

2 comments:

Deni said...

How stinking precious that he remembered that Parker played with it - I love it. It was great meeting you finally and hanging out! I wish we could come visit more often!

BTW - I got Parker a Nuby sippy cup (the kind he tried there) and he's been using it all day today. It took him a bit, but he did it and he went to bed without a bottle!

Anonymous said...

So cool! I hope I can meet one of my bloggy pals at some point. :)