Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

Things I Have Said Today

This post by MckMama the other day was SO totally hilarious, I spent HOURS reading the comments, literally. And it inspired me to write my own. Now, mind you, this is just what's in the forefront of my mind because these are truly actual statements that I have said to my son in the last 24 hours or so! So here we go!


"Why don't we put the shape sorter DOWN before we flush the potty next time?"

"Please don't lick the mirror, honey, icky."

"Get out of the fridge."

"Oh, my goodness, don't bite the roll of raw sausage!!! It will make you sick!"

"No, you do not have a baby in your belly. No, Daddy does not have a baby in his belly. Only Mommy has a baby in her belly."

"No, we are not going to go outside right now, we have work to do inside the house today." (do you know how many times a day I say this one??? and we do actually go outside occasionally!)

"Please don't stick your hand in the potty...Okay, well, now your hand is dirty, and we have to wash it."

"Yes, your belly is very nice."

"Please don't put your head under the faucet. Yes, I see that your hair is wet now." (while doing dishes together)

"Wow, what a mess you have made!"

"Yes, Mommy is going pee-pee in the potty."

"Oh, my, are you alright? Well, let's not pull on the oven door anymore, and then it won't hit you in the head."

"No, we are not going to watch 'Peanut Butter Jelly Time' on the computer right now. Mommy's working on her computer."

"Please take that out of your mouth and put it back in the garbage."

"Honey, put the remote down. It is not yours. No, take the remote out of your mouth and put it down."

"I see that there is a hole in the bottom of the toilet. But I do NOT want you to put your hand down there again. Now come here and let's wash our hands again."

"Thank you for wiping the milk spill up off the floor."

"Please take the dirty bowl off of your head."

"Please don't drink the dish rinse water."

"Don't eat your yogurt with your fingers. Don't you think your spoon would work better?"

"You are so funny."

"What is that in your hair?"

"Please do not put the rock in your mouth or your nose."

So, what's the craziest thing YOU'VE said today? :)



Also, we had a sort of exciting moment tonight - Z went pee-pee in the potty for the first time!!! We are nowhere near starting potty training yet, I just don't feel that he's ready (and I am definitely not), but I bought him a potty seat that goes right on the toilet, and he always asks to sit on it. Sometimes I let him sit on it during the day when he asks, and I usually put him on it for a few minutes before his bath. Tonight, before his bath, something happened for the first time! I think he was surprised, but, hey, it was a great first step! :) I was rather excited. :)

2 comments:

Amy W said...

That was super funny! Yeah for Z!!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I've OFTEN said "Don't lick your sister!"

Steph