Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Attitude

I had a good day today. You know why? Because I had a good attitude. All day. I haven't always had a good attitude lately. Sometimes I find myself thinking selfish thoughts like, "Why can't I just get more sleep?" and "why is he always screaming?" and "why can't I get anything done?" but yesterday some things Joel said to me made me realize that I'm not being loving towards Zachary when I think selfish thoughts like that or respond impatiently to his cries.

And so I decided to have a joyful attitude. I realized that a sour attitude doesn't make anyone's day better or solve anything. If I complain enough, it might get me some sympathy, but it ruins my day as much as everyone else's. And also love. What is truly love? Love is selflessness and love is action. So when I walk up and down the house for a half hour with a screaming baby, I am loving him. When I respond patiently to his cries at 3:30 in the morning, I am loving him. When I get nothing else done because he eats every 1 1/2 to 2 hours and doesn't sleep all day, I am loving him by taking care of him. So I have been reminding myself of that, too.

And really, attitude does make all the difference. And prayer helps a lot with the attitude. :)

No comments: