Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kidlet Hilarity #4


We've had a busy month with vacation and school and lots of other activities going on! In the midst of all this, I've been trying to keep track of all the funny and cute things the kids say and do! :)  They had a ton of fun on vacation, but I didn't write a lot down, so I'm sure I've forgotten a lot, too! :(  So, here are the things I CAN remember!

When Natalie accomplishes something (like drawing a circle) or gets excited about something (like surprise hot chocolate to drink with supper), she shouts "Way!" which means "Hooray!" :)

Natalie fell down on the porch and bumped her head.  She came running, crying into the bathroom to tell me, and I could not get her to calm down, so I asked her what would help her feel better, and she responded, "Bow!"  She wanted me to put a bow in her hair.  So I did, and she stopped crying immediately! Love having a girly girl!

Our friend James was getting set up for a wagon ride at camp during a ladies' retreat.  He asked Zachary and Natalie if they wanted a wagon ride since he had everything out, and Zachary was very excited and jumped right in the wagon!  Natalie was scared by the tractor, though, and cried and refused to get on the wagon.  The whole time Zachary and James were gone on the ride, she kept saying, "No like tractor. Cry. No like." Hopefully she'll get used to it before camp!!

Zachary said "I like spiders a lot, because I'm a boy.  Boys like spiders, but girls, not so much." :) He has been insisting lately that spiders are his favorite animal.  But when we saw one in the bathtub one night, he sure climbed out quick!!

After falling down in the living room one day, Zachary laid down on the couch and said, "I need to get some rest since I fell down.  Natalie, would you please be quiet so I can get some rest?"

One morning I asked Zachary if he had any bad dreams the night before. "Yes", he said, "but I didn't come in to your room." "Why not?", I asked.  "Peace", was his response. "It's called peace. God gave me peace."  The faith of a child!!

Natalie's favorite shirt is her 'purple cakey' shirt that her aunt Anna made for her - every day she wants to wear it, and one week I had failed to do the laundry in a timely manner and she had not been able to wear her purple cakey shirt for several days in a row.  When it finally showed up in her drawer one morning, she pulled it out and excitedly exclaimed, "Purple cakey WASHED!!"

Natalie says "lalala" for Violet (her favorite puppy toy) and violin - and "tunnel" for piano and pillow! :)  Zachary is always asking her to say things, it is hilarious to hear her repeat everything he suggests. :)  She says necklace (Neh Nas) and this week at her Daddy's urging she said, "Ouchie-wa-wa!" Too funny!

Davey is making all kinds of noises now, too - he says "nin nin" when he's upset or tired sometimes, and growls ALL the time. One day we were looking at a book with some pictures of kids in it, and he would grab their faces and growl at the kids! Mean baby! :) When you wave at him, he will sometimes wave back, too, I have a video of it I need to put up! And he does this little dance where he bangs his head up and down, it is SO funny! :)

While listening to a kids CD, we heard the Fishers of Men song.  Zachary said, "If you were really catching a man in the water, that would be silly.  But it really means to tell people about God."

I accidentally threw all the kids Sunday School papers into the bag without looking at them, then when we got home, I was sorting through them, and some of them had fallen on the floor...anyhow, at one point in the sorting, I asked, "Whose Jesus is on the floor?" "What?", Zachary asked.  "Whose Jesus?", I asked again.  "Jesus is God." was Zachary's correct response. :)

Natalie is such a sweet sister - she's always patting Z's back when he's upset, saying, "Okay, Bubba, okay".  Or she will do the same for Davey, saying, "Okay, baby. Okay." if he's crying. :)

We have been really into pretending (complete with silly voices, of course) around here lately.  One day as I was pretending to be a character from a Pokemon book and allowing Z to show me around his yard, he said, "My mommy's really good about being careful when there's thorny bushes." :)

Later, I was pretending to be a cat, and Natalie needed help with something, so she said, "Help, cat! Help!" :)

Right before Easter, we did Resurrection Eggs, and so we had been talking a lot about Jesus dying on the cross.  As Natalie prayed one night, she thanked God for each member of her family, as she does each night, and then she wanted to thank God for one more thing - the Cross!!  How sweet! That has to make God's heart smile! :)

Watching a commercial on TV one day, Zachary saw a lady wearing an evening dress that only covered one shoulder.  His assessment: "Her dress is missing a piece!" Lol!

I bought the kids a 'Scribble Slate' to play with in the car on our trip and instead of Slate, Zachary kept pronouncing it "Slah-tay" as if the word were French, it was hilarious.  It made me laugh every time during the long day on the road!

As we were driving in the car one day, David was turned around (as much as he possibly could) craning his little neck to stare at Joel.  When Joel noticed, he pointed it out to me, and we all laughed about it.  Then Zachary piped up from the backseat, saying, "You need to put that on Facebook!" He knows me too well, I think... :)

The kids really like to help with the laundry - the most fun part is throwing everything down the laundry chute (which I LOVE having!!) One morning as they were working to empty David's hamper down the chute, I overheard this gem of a conversation: "If we work together, it will go faster.  Don't put your head in the hamper, Natalie, we're not bobbing for apples.  Dump it over like this.  Mom, we should do bobbing for apples sometime!" :)

SO thankful for my three blessings and the JOY they each bring to our home every day! :)

No comments: