I haven't posted this week, because I haven't wanted to be whiny, but my hubby has been gone all. week. It has been a L-O-N-G week. We will head to the rental car place (an hour away) and pick him up tonight, so I am really looking forward to that. So, in thinking back over this lonely week that is nearly over, here are some things that I have learned:
1. I am not cut out to be a single parent. Although I doubt that anyone thinks they are. Wow. Without Hubby's support & listening ears, I am rather grouchy. Which makes my son grouchy. Which is not fun.
2. I am completely and totally unmotivated to clean when Hubby is not here. We did not even pick up the toys for the first three days. You could not even walk in our living room. It was ridiculous. And it didn't even bother me. Now, yesterday and today, I've been cleaning, so that our house won't be a pit when Hubby gets home. :)
3. Hubby must wear a lot of clothes. :) I typically do laundry every day or at the most every other day, but this week I think I've only done two loads.
4. I'd rather do laundry.
5. Even coffee ice cream is not a substitute for Hubby's loving support. Although it is delicious and caffeinated...and gone. :)
6. I do not sleep well alone. I am also completely unmotivated to go to bed alone, even when I'm dead tired, I'd rather get other stuff done. Case in point: stayed up until 11 last night shortening the curtains for Z's closet.
7. God's strength has and will continue to get me through this week - I am so thankful for His help.
In addition to being whiny, emotional, and grouchy, we did have some fun and get some productive things done this week. :) It was a rather rainy & cold week overall, but we were able to play outside a couple of times, once in the snow, and we did some fun things inside, too - lots of dance parties - music cheers both of us up. :)
I spent the majority of my free time painting Z's new room blue, and last night I added some clouds with a brush on two of the walls. I had planned for the clouds to look a little less abstract, and a little more cartoon-y, but I am pleased enough with the effect that I am DONE. And this morning I took Z in there to look at the room, and he said, "Clouds on the wall!" several times, so he seemed to like it, too. :)
So those are the two sides of the room. Here is a quick explanation of how I did the clouds, in case anyone else wants to try it - it was super easy & while I enjoy painting, I'm not super artistic, so anyone can do it, I promise. :) You take your paintbrush (not your favorite one, you'll see why), and you smash the bristles into the wall like this:
Over and over. :) The end. :) It's true. That's all! Actually, you dip your brush in the paint, and then start in the middle of your cloud where you want the paint to be more concentrated, and work outwards until your brush has less paint on it & the outside of the cloud will be lighter. Just make sure you smash the bristles into the wall & then pull away (and repeat), don't swipe the brush on the wall. You could also use a sponge, but I'm never happy with the results when I sponge paint, so I used the brush instead.
One other new addition to the room that Z is enjoying is his new Mickey Mouse nightlight - he picked this out at Family Dollar for only $1 & he loves it. :)
Good thing it doesn't cost much to keep him happy. :) I'm heading now to clean out the painting stuff & then we'll vacuum & start moving his toddler bed & some toys & hanging clothes in there today! We should have him sleeping in his 'big boy bed' sometime in the next week or two! (waaaaa!) I'll post pictures when we get it all set up!
In other news, our little girl is due to arrive in less than six weeks -yikes! I can't wait to get HER room all set up after Z moves out! I've been re-reading my childbirth materials & that's getting me a little excited. :) I just can't believe how fast it's coming - not ready!!!!!!!! :)
Okay, it is time to end this post. And I can think of no better way than this.