Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 9, 2009

Guess What?

This blog is officially fabulous!
I got this fabulous blogging award from Denise at Meandering Mommy Land!!!


So, to play along, here are ten blogs that I personally find fabulous (other than Denise's, of course):

1. Antique Mommy- Tina's a great writer and always reminds me to appreciate the times I have with my son.

2. Together for Good- Erin's a real-life friend from college, whose stories about her two boys are utterly hilarious, and even through a miscarriage and now- morning sickness- yay!- she continues to write delightful posts.

3. One Breath at a Time- Janine's blog never fails to remind me to cherish my time with my husband (she lost her husband a little over a year ago), and I appreciate her parenting insights- she's raised/raising 6 kids!

4. Erin's Corner of the World- Erin's another real-life friend, who always has an encouraging word- the sweetest girl you'll ever meet- her blog is sometimes funny, sometimes serious & always real!

5. FriedOkra- Megan's a great writer- I love seeing pictures of her preschooler & her 'new' baby boy & hearing all kinds of stories about her past and present. She's even sharing great tips about blogging for all of us amateurs this week!

6. Stretch Marks- Melissa's stories about her family, including a preschooler & another 'new' baby always have me laughing out loud.

7. Fiddledeedee- DeeDee's posts are absolutely hilarious, too. Her three kids do and say such funny things, and she writes about all of it! :)

8. Adventures in Babywearing- Okay, truly, I never knew what a phenomenon babywearing is until I read Steph's blog! I wear Z on my back in a frame backpack when I work at camp just because it's convenient, but Steph has opened up my eyes to so much more! I'm actually shopping for slings on ebay as we speak! :) Oh, yeah, you'll love the pictures of her 4 kids on her blog & all her great, thoughtful posts, too!

9. Owlhaven- Mary has 10 kids- 6 of them adopted from various countries around the world- her blog is such a blessing as she shares her joys & struggles in parenting & tips for the rest of us comparatively new moms!

10. Bring the Rain- I love Angie's transparent honesty and her thought-provoking posts. They always point me to worship and praise God and to cherish every moment with my little Z. When she shares her struggles with grief, she also helps me to know what a friend may be going through, which is so helpful in ministering to friends.




Along with this fabulous award are a few rules (if you want to play along):

- Put the logo on your blog or post.

- Nominate at least 10 blogs which you think are fabulous.

- Be sure to link to your nominees within your post. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.

- Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

- List five addictions



Hmmm...so...5 addictions:



1. Kissing my sweet son's cheeks

2. Facebook/Google Reader (basically, to sum it up, the internet)

3. chocolate (typical, I know)

4. coffee with lots of cream and sugar (it can even be decaf, I just love the taste)

5. Ice cream! 'Nuff said. :)

8 comments:

Fiddledeedee said...

Oh Carrie, thank you. You've honored me twice. Thank you so much for the award, and for listing me among some of my very favorite bloggers as well!

Erin said...

Aww. Thanks for the blogging nod. I appreciate it. I enjoy reading yours too.

Owlhaven said...

Thanks so much for the mention!

Mary

Antique Mommy said...

Thank you so much for the award and the kind words. YOU are fabulous! A great way to start the weekend!

Janine said...

Thank you, Carrie!!!
Janine

Megan Cobb said...

Gosh, I'm so flattered! Thank you Carrie, from the bottom of my heart! You are so, so kind!

xoxox - M

Scribbit said...

Good choices--I love so many on that list.

Shanilie said...

wow i love your blog! I found your blog via baby wearing blogroll. I love meeting other christian moms through blogging. please feel free to pop by my blog some time :)