Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tot School


Just a few pictures today of some things we've been up to this week! I am working feverishly on planning preschool & making the activities that we'll use this fall for Z's curriculum. Here is the first one I finished, and I was so excited for him to try this - it is a Numbers Handwriting Practice book - I laminated the pages & cut them into strips, then punched them & put them on a book ring. I got the idea and pattern here.

Zachary was being contrary this day, and did not want to write. He said it 'was not a school day'. Anyhow, I wrote on the cards & he wiped off what I wrote, and he thought that was fun. :) Notice Natalie playing Potato Heads in the background. :)


cutie :)

On a hike this week, we saw a dragonfly and he just sat still for about five minutes to let Z look at and pet him!




I am working on a new system to organize my school games - I put each one in a page protector to keep the pieces separate & organized - I hope it will work well! Here is the Rocket Size Sort I made a few months ago - found here:


And the Butterfly Size Sort Game, also from COAH:

The COAH curriculum also has these adorable M&M color matching puzzles - you cut them apart into two pieces & the kids match them up by color. :) I think Z will really like these - I cut them out & laminated them. :)


So that's about all the learning we've been up to - along with reading. :) Our library's summer reading program starts this week with a kickoff tomorrow night & a story hour on Thursday, so I'll hopefully share more about that next week!!! Check out more Tot School over at 1+1+1=1!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Jumping over from 1+1+1+1 and new all this. I got Confessions of a Homeschooler"s curriculum also, but have a question. Did you print out everything at home or have it done somewhere? It is a lot! I love it though and can't wait to use it!
~Danielle
http://salardsmiles.blogspot.com/