Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 11, 2008

Quote for Mommies

I found this sweet quote on the website of a lady who's having her twelfth child today. Yes, I said TWELVE. Wow. Anyway...this is a really neat quote to remind us mommies about our God-given purpose in mothering!

Here is another sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about in my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God, and the body in which it dwells is worth all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what leisure for my own recreation my other darlings have left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to your mother's heart, welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her life-long prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, how wonderfully blest!

-Elizabeth Prentiss, Stepping Heavenward

I also love the MOPS slogan- Because Mothering Matters. Sometimes when you feel like all you're doing is feeding, diapering & clothing someone...you can feel like that's not as important as a teacher who fills children's minds with knowledge...but it is. It is the beginning of one of the most important influences on that baby's life...and I need to remember that when I'm tempted to be impatient or frustrated! :) Hope this encourages someone today!

No comments: