Well, we had a great week with Joel's parents here. I had to work Monday and Tuesday, so I didn't get to spend all my time with them, but we had an especially great time relaxing last night and playing games before they left this morning.
For supper last night, we grilled out. We knew that our gas grill was not exactly in the best shape of it's life, actually the top part of the grill is so rusty that's it's technically not even connected to the bottom half anymore...but we figured we could just put charcoal in the bottom of it and cook our steaks with that. So Joel and his dad went outside to conquer the grilling, since that's what men do, you know, and Joel's mom and I made the French fries and the veggie pizza.
Their grilling time was pretty uneventful, and the steaks were cooking fine, until towards the end... When sparks started to fly towards our porch, the guys thought about getting a little concerned. Then, while Mom and I stepped outside to see how they were coming, a couple of hot coals fell out of the grill... and so us ladies were immediately enlisted to fill buckets and pitchers with water to extinguish the coals before our grilling episode burned our house down.
Thankfully that was the end of the excitement, and the guys were happy since they got to save the day and pretend to be firemen, too. I think we'll be shopping for a new grill sometime soon. :)